Work At MIRO
Do you enjoy creating, designing, and following a project through from conception to fabrication?
Do you like working in an environment that allows you to use a wide range of skills while giving you autonomy?
Since 1982, MIRO Industries has been a leader in the rooftop support industry. At MIRO Industries, you will be part of the engineering team that works closely with co-workers and customers to develop practical and often innovative solutions.
This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday, in our Heber City office.
As a Civil Engineer EIT, job responsibilities include:
- Designing rooftop equipment supports and crossover structures to meet code-required loading conditions,
- Developing creative solutions for specific project challenges,
- Creating detailed fabrication drawings and submittal packages to be stamped in house or reviewed and sealed by a third party,
- Working with sales team and customers as needed,
- Traveling 3-4 times a year to perform take-offs or inspections at customers’ locations,
- Some technical writing,
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Minimum qualifications include:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis preferred),
- Knowledge of ASCE 7 and structural analysis,
- Basic (1 year+) experience of AutoCAD and/or Inventor,
- Passing score on the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam,
- Ability to write and edit advanced formulas in Excel,
- Experience with RISA 3D or equivalent design software,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and understand projects’ needs with minimal supervision,
- Willing to continue learning and look for ways to improve processes,
- Strong communication skills, whether verbally or in writing, especially in explaining items that are technical in nature,
- Ability to work both individually and in teams,
- Ability to work according to standard instruction and established procedures.
Beyond the minimum qualifications listed above, the ideal candidate will also have:
- 2+ years working experience with structural design,
- Advanced knowledge of Auto Desk products including AutoCAD, Revit, and Autodesk Inventor.
MIRO Industries offers a comprehensive package of benefits for its full-time employees:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous company-paid contribution into the HSA each pay-period
- Paid holidays
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match and immediate vesting
- Long-term Disability insurance (employer paid)
- Quarterly profit-sharing
If you are interested in applying for the position, send a resume to [email protected]. Please include “Civil Engineer” in the subject line.
To learn more about MIRO Industries and our rooftop support systems, feel free to continue browsing through our website.
MIRO Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
MIRO Industries participates in E-Verify.
Work with us!
Thanks for visiting our site! We currently don't have any open job listings, but are always interested in speaking with hard-working and talented individuals. If you'd like to send us your resumé, you can send it to [email protected].